Miyazu Japanese Garden Wedding
Named after Nelson's sister city Miyazu in Japan, this is an authentic
Japanese stroll garden featuring a traditional teahouse, ponds, Japanese
irises, azaleas, flowering cherries, wisteria and a garden of contemplation.
Traditional construction methods and materials have been used and large
boulders and stonework, ponds, and stepping-stones create a tranquil environment.
The cherry trees and wisteria are in blossom in spring (September/October)
and the Japanese irises flower in December/January.
Basic Miyazu Japanese Garden Wedding Package Inclusions:
- Arrangement of your New Zealand Marriage License including application fee. Your New Zealand wedding planner will submit the application for your New Zealand Marriage License on your behalf prior to your arrival to New Zealand. This means there is no waiting for the application to be processed once you arrive in New Zealand (normally you would need to wait 3 business days if you were doing this yourself) – it is just a simple case of signing the declaration and uplifting your license once you arrive in New Zealand.
- Pre-wedding consultation in Nelson including transport and assistance to uplift your New Zealand Marriage License. New Zealand law requires that at least one of you be present to sign a declaration at a registered marriage office prior to your wedding so it is very important that you arrange your itinerary to allow time on a week day prior to your wedding day to do this.
- Fee for use of Miyazu Gardens for your wedding ceremony & photographs.
Please note use of the gardens for weddings is on a non-exclusive use basis and the gardens are open to the public even when weddings are booked. We will always endeavour to ensure that by-standers keep a discreet distance during the proceedings.
- Fee for your New Zealand Marriage Celebrant. Your celebrant will contact you by email to put together your personalized wedding ceremony.
- Arrangement of two witnesses. New Zealand law requires that two people attend and ‘witness’ your ceremony and afterwards sign your marriage documents. If you have guests attending they can be your witnesses otherwise we will arrange this for you.
- Arrangement of a Standard New Zealand Marriage Certificate including application fee and courier of this to you at home. This is normally issued about 3 weeks after your wedding and bears the official stamp of the New Zealand Registrar of Marriages. This is accepted as proof of marriage in most countries.
- Our basic wedding coordination fee. This includes your own personal wedding planner to communicate with you and make all the necessary wedding arrangements on your behalf. A professional wedding coordinator will also be present on the day to assist you and to ensure that everything runs smoothly. It also includes assistance with your travel & honeymoon arrangements if required.
Basic Miyazu Japanese Garden Wedding Package Price: NZD$1650.00
There is an excellent selection of accommodation in Nelson and the surrounding areas – hotels, motels, lodges, bed & breakfasts, backpackers and camping. We recommend a minimum of 2 nights stay in the area – one before and one after your wedding day. Please see the New Zealand Honeymoon Accommodation pages of our website for further information.
We work closely with several photographers to provide the following Wedding Photography Packages for weddings in Nelson:
Digital Wedding Photography Package
- For weekday weddings only.
- Pre-ceremony/ceremony/and post ceremony coverage (approximately 3 hours all together).
- Unlimited digital images taken on the day (high quality 12.4 mega pixels).
- All images taken on the day are written on quality CD or DVD in high resolution.
- Associated travel costs.
CD Slideshow. A selection of images saved as an EXE file and written to CD: NZD$50.00
DVD Slideshow. A selection of images saved in either NTSC or PAL format and written to DVD: NZD$75.00
Print Packages: Images you select are printerd on photographic paper and colour corrected.
Package 1. 50 x 6x4" prints and 10 x 7x5" prints: NZD$150.00
Package 2. 40 x 6x4" prints, 5 x 7x5" prints and 2 x 8x10" prints: NZD$350.00
Package 3. 100 x 6x4" prints, 5 x 7x5" prints, 2 x 8x10" prints, 1 x 11x16" custom enlargement and 1 x 11x14" wedding montage printed on metallic paper: NZD$500.00
Film Wedding Photography Package
- Ceremony and post ceremony coverage (approximately 3 hours all together).
- 72-96 shots taken on 35mm film ( 2 x 36 exposure colour and 1 x 24 exposure black and white films).
- All images processed and printed to 6x4 inches with a matte finish and presented in a flip album.
- All images burnt to CD.
- All negatives yours to keep.
- Photographs normally available for collection within 3 working days.
- All associated travel costs.
Additional rolls of 36 exposure film: NZD$150.00
The following websites profile the work of some other local photographers. Their wedding photography packages range in price between NZD$1500.00 and NZD$3000.00. Please contact us for further information about their photography packages and pricing.
~ Stirling Images Photography
~ Tim Skinner Photography
~ Melinda Baigent Photography
~ Jim Tannock Photography
Please refer to the extensive information on our website regarding wedding bouquet styles and other wedding flower options.
Brides Bouquet - A medium sized posy style bouquet or trailing bouquet including foliage. Your preferences of colours and specific flowers if available. NZD$150.00-$200.00.
Grooms Buttonhole - To match or complement the brides bouquet. NZD$15.00-$25.00
Hair & Make-up
Please note that a travel fee may apply depending on where you are booked to stay.
Please click on the following links for suit hire information and online suit hire catalogues. If you are coming from overseas we can arrange delivery and return of hire suits to most destinations within New Zealand. We are able to book a suit for you in advance based on your measurements however you will need to arrange your itinerary to be in the town or city where the suit hire store is located in person prior to your wedding for a final fitting session. Suit hire ranges between NZD$200.00-$300.00 .
~ Nelson Tailors Menswear - Nelson
~ Frank Casey Formal Suit Hire - Auckland , Hamilton , Tauranga, Wellington
~ Dress Circle Suit Hire - Auckland
~ Suits on Broadway - Auckland
~ Carlton Suit Hire - Auckland
~ Wilkins Formal Wear - Wellington
~ Sergios Formal Hire - Christchurch
~ Deans Suit Hire- Christchurch
~ Kildonan Highland House - Christchurch
Deutz Marlborough Cuvee Methode Traditionnelle (NZ): NZD$45.00 per bottle
Alan McCorkindale Blanc de Blanc (NZ): NZD$35.00 per bottle
Arcadia Brut (NZ): NZD$40.00 per bottle
A.Chauvet 2000 Brut Champagne (France): NZD$100.00 per bottle
Bollinger Special Cuvee Champagne (France): NZD$115.00 per bottle
Dom Perignon 1995 Vintage Champagne (France): NZD$285.00 per bottle